This policy represents your Website Maintenance agreement with Cairo Web Design, in addition to all emails exchanged between us and yourselves. Please retain your emails for future reference in the unlikely event of any dispute. This policy is in addition to our:
1. Cairo Web Design reserves the right to refuse service to anyone requesting changes or modification of web pages for illegal purposes, inappropriate or offensive purposes or any other purpose that in our opinion is inappropriate.
1.1 Information and text contained within the web pages shall be authored by the User and submitted to Cairo Web Design in final format
If the information and text submitted is not in final format and contains spelling, grammatical errors etc., Cairo Web Design may charge the User for additional time needed to correct the errors that should have been corrected before submission. Cairo Web Design may make recommendations regarding the content of the web pages, however, the User shall make the final decision and approve the content of the web pages.
1.2 Cairo Web Design website maintenance services constitute changes to the current website and its existing web pages using the current web site theme.
There are three kinds of maintenance:
- Maintenance after web site installation (within 2 month period following installation);
- Maintenance due to changing needs;
- Maintenance due to recurring needs
Maintenance due to changing needs may include minor or major changes to the website. Major changes include additional information/graphics, rewording of pages and changes to graphics due to changing needs. Major changes that affect the entire website will require a new project agreement (sales order). Minor changes are changes that do not affect the entire website.
Maintenance due to recurring needs includes the publication of news reports, press releases, current events, schedule of events, etc.
2. Cairo Web Design maintenance of a website may include one or more of the following that is the result of recurring needs and minor changing needs:
- Text changes (such as news, press releases, current events, scheduled events, re-wording of text, etc);
- Simple maintenance and/or addition of graphics provided by the User to an existing web page (up to 1 hour of work or as specifically confirmed within the sales order). Major changes in graphics layout in an existing website shall be considered a new project (sales order);
- Simple navigational changes (up to 1 hour of work or as specifically confirmed within the sales order, per site only). Major navigational changes shall be considered a new project (sales order)
- Simple page design changes (up to 1 hour of work or as specifically confirmed within the sales order, per site only). Major page design changes shall be considered a new project (sales order);
- Addition of new pages as links from an existing page and not as links that will change the navigation of the web site. The addition of new pages shall follow the current website theme.
2.1 Examples of what is not covered under website maintenance:
- Training – unless previously agreed in writing;
- Heavy image work and editing, including logo design or redesign;
- Flash animation creation or editing;
- New pages or site sections which do not share the existing site design;
- Major structural or graphical changes that would affect the appearance of the website;
- eCommerce major customisation;
- Video editing
3. Subscription Period
A User may stop using Cairo Web Design Website Maintenance services by giving WAU one month’s notice in writing.
4. Cairo Web Design aims to make requested changes in the website within 48 hours,
However, there can be no guarantee that the User’s entire request can be completed within 48 hours. Cairo Web Design will endeavour to inform the User as soon as possible if changes were likely to take more than 48 hours.
5. Ownership and Licence of Deliverables
Cairo Web Design own all source code and materials developed or created by its staff during any project. Upon payment of all amounts due, Cairo Web Design Website Maintenance grants the User a perpetual, non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to use the Deliverables and materials developed by Cairo Web Design herein for all the Users marketing and advertising needs, but only for the User’s own use. The Deliverables and other materials and the ADM Computer Website Maintenance system may not be sold, transferred or used except as provided herein or with the written permission of Cairo Web Design.
Cairo Web Design will need access to certain confidential information of the Users company, sometimes including future plans, business strategies and other proprietary information (collectively, the “Confidential Information”). Cairo Web Design agrees that it will take every reasonable step to ensure that Confidential Information is not divulged, disclosed or communicated to any third party without the prior written consent of the User. Confidential information shall not include information previously known to Cairo Web Design Website Maintenance, properly received from a third party or in the public domain.
7. No Limit on Cairo Web Design Website Maintenance Engagements
The User shall agree that any agreement entered into does not prevent Cairo Web Design from providing similar services to other clients using the general marketing concepts and the know-how and experience gained hereunder or from developing/maintaining products or services which might be competitive with the deliverables and materials provided by Cairo Web Design.
8. Non-payment by User In the event of non-payment by the User, Cairo Web Design reserves the right to discontinue services.
9. Entire Agreement All terms contained within this document supersede any prior written or oral agreements between the parties.
From time to time, we may have to revise the policies on our web design terms and conditions. Any changes or updates to these policies are normally minor and do not affect the overall agreement between both parties. However, please always make sure you do check back on this page regularly for updates.